Wednesday, June 18, 2008

May - Guilt Factor

We were the subjects of an article in the local newspaper at the beginning of May and even though we don’t officially begin until the middle of June, I feel just a little guilty every time I go to the grocery store. I feel like I’m doing something I shouldn’t be.

I feel the same way when we’ve ordered pizza or picked up lunch or dinner during one of our busy days working in the garden. I figure we won’t be able to do that soon so I’m taking advantage of the fact that I can but I still feel a little ashamed… after all, this project is supposed to be about local eating and here we are eating “out” more than usual. I also feel a little bit like I want to gorge on things I will miss. It’s the proverbial feast before the famine, except I really don’t expect there to be a famine so it’s just a bonus feast.

No comments: